Saturday, March 27, 2010

Updates

So, in case you didn't get the whole story, I went to a junior league meeting the other night way down south Elm street, almost near Lee, and was the first car parked on a side street off Elm and sometime in the 1.5 hours I was inside, my car window was smashed and my GPS was taken.  That's it.  didn't even rifle through the console or diaper bag etc.  Annoying more than anything.  Replaced window for $200 and GPS for $120.  Would have waited, but would like it for my roadtrip next week.

Bought a big boy car seat for Bobby.  $280 and I paid $128 thanks to coupons and gift cards -THANKS ROSEANN.   I shopped around Babies R Us for other stuff, but found I didn't need anything there anymore.  I guess I don't have a little baby anymore.  He's on to bigger and better things.  Not really that sad about it though. 

We are learning how to sleep here and it is going pretty well.  He cries for either 0 minutes or 30-40 minutes then falls asleep on his own and wakes up once or twice tops in the middle of the night - in which he is able to put himself back to sleep in about five minutes.  He had been sleeping until at least 7am, but the last 2 mornings were 5/5:30am.  Today though, I nursed him and then slept with him until 8:30am!  Totally messed up nap time of course, but he needs it and we'll deal with napping after travelling is over. (mini brag:  he slept 7:10pm to 5am on Thursday, of course I was still up hourly though)

We are driving up to DC next week then onto NJ where we'll get to see Rick again, very excited about that.  Not sure how he'll do in the car for that long (Bobby, not Rick) but we'll take our time and see. Will pass on going to St. Louis for Ricks last weekend there (4/11), I really want to, and even found good flights, but the boy needs to be in his crib.  And I signed up for swim lessons and want to be here for them.  And I'm supposed to run a 10miler with Emily that weekend.... I guess I need to find a babysitter for that. 

Bobby doesn't like to eat off a spoon, unless it's yogurt or something sweet.  Only likes to feed himself and even then is really picky.  I think it's a phase/transition so I just have to give him time and keep trying to make sure he eats more than carbs!

Otherwise, he is a happy healthy baby with ridiculous amounts of energy and curiosity.  He is very fast and a good climber, so watch out! (And now that I look at this picture, I would have not let him in there at all, (moot point now since he then broke that table)) He loves the bath and I can't wait to get him in a baby pool this summer.    This is a really busy month and we are excited to have Rick back and see the Martin boys again soon.

2 comments:

  1. When's the run? I'll babysit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of news in the update - thanks! Was wondering whose car (yours, Emily's or Grammy's) was the target - and agree that you need both the window and GPS for your upcoming trip. We want you and that little guy to be safe! It's only a week more until we see all of you, and we are SO excited. Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete