Sunday, February 27, 2011

So you want a blog

I haven't been blogging much because my life is boring. And I think I could use a twitter account and pass on little snippets of Bobbys funniness throughout the day, but then I'd have to be glued to my phone or something and not with my kid.  We did have a good weekend though.  It was super warm, high 70s here, so we went out to lunch then drove to Wrightsville Beach, but Bobby didn't manage to stay awake to enjoy the sand - another day perhaps.  It was pretty crowded, even in February, so I can only see how bad it would be in summer.  Its location is so prime that it would be all college kids anyway.  So we went to Toys R Us and got a sweet new t ball stand.  Bobby became obsessed with baseball after finding Grammys wiffleball bat before we left. You can't really pitch to him, and he got fustrated at a swinging ball, but he does love to pitch to you, then field the ball.  He will shag the ball so fast, even if I miss the ball, he'll run behind me to get it.  The set up we got actually has a swinging ball off a stick, but once he saw the ball on the tee, he didn't use it anymore.  The bat is a slightly better size too, but still probably too heavy for a 1 year old. So, with no beach time, we headed to Harris Teeter.  The Food Lion is really close and this is like 6 miles past that, so it's a treat.  And it's a nice new one.  Didn't get much, it was more the principal of it, just big fat blueberries, yum - even at $5 a pint. ouch.  But the Food Lion does have mini Chobani yogurt cups, which the Teeter doesn't.  (now you see why I don't blog; no one's paying to advertise on here!)

Bobby is quite the chatter bug, noisy without really saying much,  Rick is worried, but I'm waiting until he's 2.   He really doesn't put even simple 2 word sentences together (I want, Bobby eat)  I think it's because he's so good at communicating with his grunts and signs....

When he gets hurt, even a fake hurt, he wants a kiss and rub on his ow-ee.  But I also see him kissing his own finger where he has a cut.  It's pretty cute.

1 comment:

  1. i just left a huge comment and now it's gone. but don't worry about the talking, remember he doesn't really have to use words since he primarily communicates with you and you probably would never need words to figure out what he needs, right?

    ReplyDelete