Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Books

So we go to the library every week and get 5-7 new, seemingly interesting books (you know on trucks probably), Roseann has sent us a lot of old ones,  I bought 20 or so from a library sale (50 cents each or less).  And yet, Bobby makes me read the same 10 over and over and over.  I can read them with my eyes closed.  I hate curious george, froggy and dora's eggs right now. I don't know what his aversion is to new stories, I can get a couple pages in and then he chucks them on the floor.

Also, note to self, don't buy used books in bulk. There's a reason the library discards them, they are beat up or just stupid stories.  I thought I did well considering the selection and the pressure of Bobby being with me, but upon closer inspection, they're not all great stories. oh well.  I will stick to Ed McKay and consignment sales though. $2-3 is the max one should pay for a kids book with 15 pages.


Aside: Ugh, it's raining buckets and i just turned up the heat. phooey.

1 comment:

  1. so tag them for the next consignment sale ... either money in your pocket or a tax deduction. win win.

    ReplyDelete