We got out around 5:30 and started to go out to dinner for more AC. In the 15 minute car ride, Bobby falls asleep. We go in anyway since it's too late for a nap. But then it turns out he's peed his pants. Jack is over stimulated and a bit fussy and to top it all off, our gift card doesn't work! Which is the reason we went out there in the first place. Pretty sure I wasn't going to cook, but in trying to be frugal, we picked the place we wouldn't have to pay in cash!
It wasn't exactly the fun family time/date night I had pictured. Luckily I had a whole spare outfit in the car, so I took off Bobbys wet shorts thinking he'd wake up so we could feed him, but no. So we had that towel in the car and he slept all through dinner like that. Feet in my lap. I put his shorts on him and he still didn't wake up, loaded him up back into the car, he woke up for a split second, said something about Handy Mandy, and went back to sleep and now's he in his bed. Here's hoping we make it until 6:30am.
| These guys are great |

Sorry your day didn't work out as planned and that it was so hot on top of all the other issues. Hope the gift card wasn't from us!
ReplyDeleteWe'll be there sometime in early November, so maybe you and Rick can have a proper date night. You deserve it.
hope you have a circulating fan or that it cools off at night. that is one cute baby with his crooked smile.
ReplyDeletethe heat and humidity obviously got to Bobby and he found the best way to get relief ... sleep thru it.
ReplyDeleteoh no. was it my gift card to you all from last xmas?
ReplyDelete