Saturday, October 05, 2013


Gotta love the Mac. These guys flew up to San Francisco yesterday and apparently were killing time on the iPad while they waited.  So that leaves Jack and I for a long weekend just the two of us. I fluctuate between being lonely and just right. I thought Jack might miss Bobby more, but not yet at least.  We had a nice little morning. We had a great run, real easy feeling with the stroller. Not much of a nap for Jack but good fresh air. Then we stayed at the playground forever, went and got a bagel and some groceries. Then hit up a garage sale in the neighborhood. We got 16 books, 2 puzzles and 2 shirts for $2! It was around noon when we got back, but hey, there was no rush to get home like there normally is on Saturday mornings.  I could tell he was tired so we played for a bit, took a shower and went down easily for a (hopefully long) nap.
He is a really great kid. This is how he I knew he was tired. No fussing or whining, just moving a little slower and getting flat to play.

I must be a little crazy and/or stupid. I can't tell you how many times I put these puzzles together. I try to bribe Bobby or Violet to do it, but otherwise talk about an exercise in futility. He just loves to dump them out over and over. You'd think I would move them, but he is starting to try to put them back together. Watching me do it a million times must have rubbed off.


You saw Jack trying to ride the scooter, well now, the three wheeled one is no good and he wants to get on the Razor.  He also climbs on to any tricycle or bike he can. And I don't know why, I guess because we lived on such a busy street in NC, we don't have a lot of scoot on toys. I'm hoping Carolyn maybe hasn't given hers away yet and I can steal it in a few weeks. My back is getting quite sore walking this child around on toys too big for him. We may have a little adrenaline junkie on our hands.


Jack has also reached his cleaning phase. And his trash phase. He will pick his wet diaper up after changing and march it to the trash can. Same if you give him a scrunched up piece of paper. It's really cute. He also heads over there with sippy cups and legos, so you have to watch him. We also had a close call with the very tiny apple tv remote.




2 comments:

  1. i hope rick writes a nice blog about their trip to SanMateo. Jack keeps you entertained and lets you play with his toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puzzle maker and Lego builder is on his way home with Daddy. Just dropped them off at the airport. Found the first Lego piece that didn't join them. Wonder how many more we'll find? It was such a great visit. When I asked Bobby what he liked best, he said "Everything". I must say that warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete