Big couple of weeks for us! Today was Kindergarden graduation. Finally. I feel like everyone else has been out of school forever and I am so sick of packing lunches! They had a little ceremony and sang and did a 'when i grow up' thing. It was adorable. Like I should have recorded it. Bobby is not a performer but he did the motions and quietly sang. Everyone did really well and they all look like such big kids. Then they got their diploma from the principal. I think it's a really wonderful school and the community is excellent. I just won't think about tuition for a while.
My first baby turned six finally too. He is one of the youngest in his class and between a year full of other kids parties and a busy May, I was done. So no party for this kid this year. He got to open a few books and a new stuffy from his brothers over his birthday breakfast cake. I didnt even bring in treats to school because I don't know the rules, so I dropped the ball there too. Luckily, Grandma was here and made it a very good birthday. We did our normal Farrells night out for an ice cream sundae, and threw in Reids birthday too while we were there. Bobby was able to pick out a very nice set or two from Lego store and promptly spent the next three days working on them. In lieu of a party, we grabbed Dexter and Jake from our street and headed to Chuck E Cheese. It gets a bad rap but ours is nice and big and clean and the kids love it. And they serve beer! My and Jacks (and everyones) friends Ethan and Eleanor met us there and we played for a long time and got lots of tickets which we could trade in for super crappy toys! We followed it up with a Trip to Ritas Italian/Water Ice - who needs cake! Bobbys birthday extravaganza finished just in time for it to be Reids day!
This guy had his birthday and he is an awesome kid. We had a little smash cake and a few friends over for the typical Vic ice cream cake party. Last night he slept until 3:30 and when he woke up, I was literally so confused, as I hadn't been in that deep of a sleep for oh, a year. He is not quite running, but he walks well on sand and wood chips and is trying to jump. seriously. He had his well check and is right on track at 22 pounds. No words, A lot of chatter and pointing. He just wants to move and not be in a stroller or car seat.
I don't have many pictures of Jack, probably because he is always moving too. He is nicely potty trained, no accidents really either. He is going to camp at his fall preschool next week and I think that's a huge mistake. He has literally been by my side for 3 years. He asks every day to go to school but I can't think of him like a big boy. He's really fun and snuggly and earnestly a happy little kid. He runs everywhere. He throws his hands up in celebration all the time. He's a bit of a smarty pants too in a different way than Bobby but we'll see what shapes up later.




WONDERFUL blog. I'm so happy you are trying to keep up with it. the boys are happy and healthy and reading it just makes it that much better. keep up the good work as they say!
ReplyDelete