Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Operation Crib Sleep

Get the baby into the crib to sleep has begun. I know I'm doing it wrong but it doesn't work anyway. I nurse him in a dark room with white noise and he falls asleep, put him in the crib, he wakes up, i burp him, he falls asleep on my shoulder, put him in the crib, he wakes up. Lie down with him in the bed, he falls asleep.

I get the whole, put him down drowsy but awake thing, and have tried, but that just leads to cranky and very awake. I would prefer that b/c trying to transfer him to the crib when he is asleep is asking for trouble.

He does sleep on his stomach (for supervised naps) very well. Will ask the doc if this is okay b/c he has good chest and head control.

Meanwhile, I have to move him out of 3 month pajamas. he is just too long.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying hard too. Struggled from 7-9.30pm with lots of screaming and crying before I gave up.

    ReplyDelete