Sunday, October 04, 2009

Four months

Still in California, so no unofficial weigh in. And b/c we were late with the 2 month appt and shots have to be 8 weeks apart, we don't go back to the doctor for a week or so.

Having a really nice time with Rick, he only worked til about 6:30pm (early for him) so we got to hang out this week a fair amount. Bobby and I just killed time, walking, some errands, went to the Ocean, not much. It also meant bedtimes were a little later, but he seemed to do fine with it, he just had to get in some Dad time.

Carolyn came in for work Thursday night, so it was a great coincidence and we were lucky she was able to bring Cash and stay at our hotel. This meant I got to babysit Cash on Friday, which was actually super easy. Mostly due to the fact he took a 3,5 hour nap in the middle of it, and then we just read and explored the rest of the time. Bobby even got his morning nap in undisturbed. There was only one little boo boo ("hurt"). I was watching closely actually but nursing I think and Cash slipped on a book and whacked his eye on his truck I think. He barely whimpered but it looks bad and it's right on his eyebrow so could have been worse, but he's a tough kid, who now looks Tough.

Saturday Rick didn't have to work like usual and we went to breakfast at Mimi's, (they had a seasonal pumpkin spice muffin, yum) Then to the SeaLife Aquarium at Legoland. It worked out so well, it is about 2 miles from the hotel and opened at 10, and we got there 10:30 or something. Plus the cashier gave us coupons so tickets were $5 instead of $18.95! Kids free. It was worth about that. Not crowded, inside, cool fish. Cash was a little stubborn and Bobby slept the second half, but it was a good day. Then Carolyn got on the road earlier than planned so she could get home and rest, but it was a lovely visit.

Saturday afternoon we rested too, because the Giants are in town. So I felt pretty bad driving down to San Diego as the sun set, thinking what am I subjecting my kid to? But he did great at the 7pm game. Didn't sleep b/c it was just too loud and bright, but here it is 10:30 the next morning and he's still asleep. Got to get his 12 hours. (non continuous of course) Silly me thought I'd be able to run a few errands for us this morning.

I leave early Monday and fly all day. Rick leaves midnight Tuesday, direct to Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment