Friday, December 18, 2009

12/18

It's snowing here!

Last night, Bobby went to bed for good at 7:30pm, then was up at 10:30pm, 1:30am, and 4:30am. At 4:30 it took an hour to get him back down, he was very drowsy but wouldn't go back to sleep all the way. Then he slept from 5:30am to 7am. Any advice out there? Our friends pediatrician just told her to do some sleep training b/c there's no reason she shouldn't be sleeping through the night at 6 months. We'll see what they say on Monday. I am not looking forward to that but I know something should be done as he's getting worse. Now I don't have to go to work or anything, but we'll see. He is also taking very short naps and is still swaddled and nursed to go down. I forsee problems with this down the road, especially when I stop nursing, and he doesn't take a bottle or a pacifier.

He continues to do well at eating. Both feeding himself and eating his mush. Very interested in whatever I eat. So far likes all the veggies plus apples and pears and crackers and a bit of pudding too. Advocado was lunch today. Had some banana at breakfast and we'll try some oatmeal and maybe vegetables for dinner, making this our first three "meal" day.

2 comments:

  1. you must relax about this sleep thing. Cash didn't sleep through the night until he was 10 months old - when he weaned. He woke up every night to nurse. After he stopped nursing we went through a couple nights of crying in the night but soon he started to sleep through. I know it is frustrating - i was a crazy person - but you need to chill about it and just ride it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carolyn, you should not worry about it. Archer is now over one and I don't keep track, but I'd say he and Bobby are on the same sleep schedule at night. Same with Wiley, he didn't sleep through the night until I night weaned, at 17 months. It was a terrible struggle for several nights. Babies really aren't supposed to be expected to sleep through the night or respond to sleep training without negative implications until after 12 months.

    ReplyDelete