Short flight to Charlotte felt longer, was cramped, but I dealt and we were able to just play a bit since the flight was 4-4:40 ish. Was able to stop in the USO when changing terminals since I didn't leave until 6pm. Changed diaper, tried to nurse, had a little snack, went to gate, boarded close to last - to see where the empty seats were and to shorten the amount of time we were cramped in there.
Luckily I had an aisle seat and no one was in the middle. This was huge b/c I could nurse him and use the seat for his junk. There was a 6 year old girl across the aisle who loved him and Bobby just liked watching her - and everyone and anyone else on the plane. I guess he fell asleep around 7 (i'm guessing) for maybe an hour and a half, I guess I should wear a watch, but he was definitely up at 9pm and then stayed up. Sleepy but unaffected and definitely not interested in going back to sleep. luckily we got in about 40 minutes early. Got our bags, met Carolyn and then he finally lost it in the carseat - just sobbing.
So quickly to bed (now on to pacific time, 8:30pm). I thought he was just adjusting to the time change wisely, but at 3am he seemed to forget he wasn't on Eastern time. He woke up 11pm, 3 am - wouldn't go back down until 4:30 and then was up at 6:30 but very chipper. He wouldn't nap this morning until after 10am but he's a trooper and enjoying Cash and Allison and Slider, and of course Carolyn and Chandler.
We're babysitting Cooper currently and it's quiet time for a little bit longer I hope. It's crazy how quickly I forgot how 'new' babies are. Just awkward, noisy little things. But sweet too.
No comments:
Post a Comment