First, huge huge THANKS to mom for watching Bobby lots and lots. Not because Rick and I went on dates and movies, but because we were soooo sick. Lots of puking and other stuff, Rick was way worse than me, I'm just tougher actually, but we were just tired and weak and nauseous for a good 2 days. Rick also had a fever - which you don't usually get with a stomach bug. So I was a waste of space, and Mom thankfully stepped in to feed, walk, play with Bobby etc. So his trip was pretty lousy, no dates, no home cooking, no rest, very little playing with Bobby, and then his flight was delayed and we had to get up at 3:30am to catch a 6am plane in RDU. But he's now in St. Louis and doing better - for now. Work situation is still iffy. I think Bobby missed the bug, but actually he did puke a couple times Sunday night, but I just attributed it to his rough cough /post nasal drip and my infection if anything. And he was over whatever he did have right away.
Second big thanks to Elizabeth. Who brought Archer up to NY state for a quick 36 hour visit just to babysit so we could attend Kirins wedding. It was the longest period for me away from him (over 7 hours) but I wasn't really bothered. I knew he was in good hands - even if he was awake too late, I didn't mind b/c I know he hates sleep. I was also happy to hear Wiley survived.
So I am very lucky to have family around and able to help me out in such a big way.
Bobby is crawling decently, not super motivated to get around, but he gets it done. He is super noisy too, just non stop rambling. He seems to want more than anything to stand and walk. He pulls himself up on anything and then will let go of one hand and tries to jump to another object. He climbs up on me all the time. He's gonna be trouble. He still is a very bad sleeper. 2-3 very short naps, I don't know how to consolidate them. Still waking 2-3 times overnight on a good night. Bedtime can be 15 minutes, but it can be an hour long battle too. We've had no schedule/routine so I don't blame him for being messed up, but it's getting a bit old.
Oh, and while all of this is going on, there's also this. When we were in California, Bobby was fussy, so I was trying to help him nurse. Sometimes when he gets overtired he needs a little help starting nursing to settle down. Guess I forced him a little and he wasn't interested so he bit me. Hard. That was Feb. 10. It bled later that day when he did nurse (bloody mouth). And I don't remember what happened between then and now, but sometime last weekend the cut just got infected/bigger/deeper/who knows, but it hurts like hell. So I'm either going to have to find some medical super glue, not use that side or see a doctor soon.
I'm ready for my kid to get to the funny and silly personality blog posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment