Monday, August 02, 2010

August 2

So Election Day is finally here. This time tomorrow night we'll know finally.  I'm pretty nervous. Just b/c it's so close.  I don't know if he can overcome this other guy.  The support is there, but they have to get to the polls.  It's sort of an uphill battle and he has a lot going for him, but a lot against him too and there's a lot of blog chatter and what not, but it could mean nothing.  We'll just have to see.  We don't really have a back up plan at all.  There's a job in the Marine Corps at Camp Pendleton, but that would just be another 1 year stop.  But I guess we could drop anchor and we'd find something there after.  I just don't want to be out there.  oops.

Bobby is doing pretty well.  He loves walking and being outside.  He goes to the front door all the time and reaches for the handle.  He will walk to the playground and ignore my hand if I offer it.

One of his favorite things to do is turn over the laundry basket, climb up on it and bounce.  He has no fear, which can work against him, but if I'm close, he'll walk right off the side of the bed or the stairs.  We went back to the Splash Pad today and he loved it .  Went right through all the sprays and fountains and stuff.  And that water is cold!

Michigan Sweet Corn - so good, 30 - 50 cents each, available everywhere. yum.

I'm definitely having some "live in the middle of nowhere, stay at home mom malaise"  I am sort of desperate to work , but have put myself in a field where that's hard and it's super competitive. Sigh.  I think with 2-3 kids, it would be different, but I don't have that much to do to fill up the days. And I don't mind run/nap/play/eat/play/nap/bike but you know.  Such is life I guess.

3 comments:

  1. eat as much corn as you can, while you can. is bobby gnawing on it too? i sure hope and pray rooney takes the primary. dont stress. it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about finding a part time job somewhere with some good benefits, like a retail job with great discounts on stuff you love? Of course you're feeling blue, you have very little stability and lots of change. That stuff is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw about four crewing teams yesterday out in SF bay while we were out in our boat. Could Berkeley or Stanford be a possibility for a position? We would LOVE that!!!

    ReplyDelete