Thursday, July 14, 2011

I like this age

Terrible twos aren't really evident (yet?)  Bobby has quite the stubborn side and is prone to drama, but it's really fun watching him learn so fast.  He knows about 22 letters and counted to 10 (without 7) for the first time today. Granted I had to do pushups to get him to count, but he knows it more or less.

He also continues to pick up on everything I say and will repeat it.  I talk to myself/others in the car and he knows it.  He also says funny things like: perfect, better and easy.

He has been taking 3-4 hour naps recently, so I guess he's tuckered out well.  He is also barely eating though, so I don't know what he's running on.
I ate these when he wouldn't
Over 4th of July, Grammy put him on the potty and he went.  All weekend, lots and then we kept it up.  I had tried a few months before and while interested in the toilet, he didn't want to sit on it at that point. Well, then he did, but it turned into not wanting to go on it.  I'd sit him up there and he'd shake and say done without even trying.  But today was the best mail day of all.


First we got a big present from Grandma. A table and chair set.  I have been shopping for one forever and just couldn't decide. Pottery barn had cute chairs only that would match our coffee table and were small enough, but then I could do better pricewise and Ikea was out of red sets and whatever, I just never pulled the trigger.  This was great.  So far, just one chair together, but we're on it tomorrow.

Then we got a great book,  (from whom?)  It's really cute and funny about the alphabet.  

And Bobbys birth certificate came back and I got my new license (a day after I had to go to court and prove I changed my address) and Bobby got a package. It was underwear!!!  He loved it...

He insisted on putting all four pairs on at once. I don't think he gets it, but he kept saying Undies!  We then went for a run while he wore them. Later, it took some creative distracting by me to get him not to wear them to bed, over his diaper.  And to bring it back, he peed on the potty twice today.  He had been sitting facing the tank, but he asked to be flipped around and face out.  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy a little plastic potty, but don't know really.  He giggles when he toots though, I love it. 



This is not happening
Cleaning up pine needles

No comments:

Post a Comment