Monday, July 16, 2012

One week check up

One week was last Friday. Everything was great.  Really, just a weight and jaundice check.  I really like our pediatrician and the office so far. He was 8 pounds, 4.5 ounces, so -  within the margin of error of different scales - back up to birth weight.  And he should be, he eats all the time.  Not a lot, but pretty darn frequent. But I also don't keep track, so it could be normal.  He does take some huge naps (when not interrupted by big brother) so he's has to eat often after that.  Each night gets better too.  He would tend to be up at 10pm when I wanted to sleep but we are getting through that and having a later feeding then something around 5 or 6am and then more sleep.  Who knows.  He doesn't really like the bassinet much though and seems to prefer the softer big mattress, or I guess it could be sleeping closer to me.  I am looking forward to getting on our own, even if i am screwing myself by then having to juggle Bobbys needs too, but either Rick or I need to get in the guest room so we can have some decent sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment