Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Catching Up


Halloween - good, Batman and Robin. don't ask me to recap. I knew I was bad at blogging this period so I tried to be more descriptive in the flickr pictures.

Thanksgiving - nice to play it low key. Lucky we had wonderful friends to cook us dinner (Thanks Jen!) and send us home with leftovers (my second favorite part).

Christmas - seemed like we were waiting for it forever, then I was too exhausted emotionally and physically to do all the things I wanted. Rick went away for two weeks in early December, but it actually went by really fast - too busy to notice. We skipped the boat ride, but did do a train ride. We watched the boat light parade, did some tree lightings, toured lots of Christmas lights. Bobby was one of the three kings in his school pageant. 

Okay, this is even boring me. Christmas morning was pretty fun. Jack wasn't into it for the presents, but enjoying climbing as usual and batting some ornaments around. Bobby opened his tennis racket first and Jack just played with that most of the morning. The Hess truck was a big hit.  Some lego sets got big reactions but it was cute to see Bobby open his blue guitar which he had asked the two Santas for. 

We went to the Safari Park in there sometime, Long Beach Aquarium, lots of playgrounds, the beach a few times, but have spent a lot of time with our friends just playing and playing some more. There's a pretty solid revolving door of kids throughout all of the houses on our street. Which means my garage is full of ride on toys, trikes and scooters that aren't ours, but will make their way home soon.

Maybe I'll try to blog more often to get some interesting details in here next time. But at least I'm putting up a lot of photos (hint hint!)

1 comment:

  1. anything is better than nothing in the blog department! all the photos are much appreciated and capture life in Dana Point very well. thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete