Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 15 of Life

Well that was sort of rough. We went to Babies R Us uneventfully around noon today, then home for a long nap and sitting around. Went out to ATM and Subway around 6 then he was up. I think he got his 18 hours of sleep in from midnight to 6pm today at least. He was very fidgety and eating a ton, or at least 'on the breast' but I assume there was milk coming out, eventually he dozed off and I put him in the bassinet, but then he let out 2 or 3 screams, which I never want to hear again. He doesn't ever cry and barely even whimpers so I hate that sound even more. So we cuddled and I didn't think he was hungry, but he ate some more and then I'd go to put him in a more comfortable position in my arms and he'd be up all over again. Switch sides and same thing would happen. I was waiting for a huge spit up but it didn't come either. Wonder if he was that hungry. Fine by me if he was. I am just sort of feeding him all the time and letting him decide when he's done. Sometimes it's an hour apart, sometimes 3, generally lasting for 10-20 minutes. There's really no pattern. Anyway, he's down now, on the changing pad on the couch and I'm sitting in the dark typing. I need to fold laundry, I guess I could do it in the kitchen. This better be a one time thing. Bedtime cannot be this complicated. I think he was just wound up for whatever reason and got overly tired. I didn't even want to change him or carry him the 20 steps to the bedroom in case he woke up. Poor kid, I have no idea what I'm doing.

1 comment:

  1. eh. that's how most of our nights are with archer and he's my good sleeper.
    a new born is basically on a growth spurt until they're like 5 months old. so it will feel like they're eating all the time. and sometimes they just want cuddles. You cannot spoil a baby.
    archer would cluster feed in the evening, maybe that is what bobby was doing.
    have you looked at www.kellymom.com yet?

    ReplyDelete