Thursday, May 26, 2011

Great day

Had a little realization this afternoon that we were having a really nice day, so here's why.  We got organized and headed down to Costco/Target/Petsmart. They are all next door to each other; and while some people think all we do is shop, we were only there 2 hours max, including an early lunch and home by noon.  We might do this once a week, or less.  But now I want to go to Target again and get more $3.50 knit shorts for Bobby since they are great for throwing on after he trashes his first outfit or two. And no one told me target has great underwear and I found workout tops I like there too until I can justify Nike big bucks.

After his nap, we washed the car (like 3 times) then watered the sidewalk and washed out the trash can. Fascinating stuff, huh? We took a watermelon break, then went to the now-even-hotter kiddie pool. We blew bubbles forever and then continued to play and hit balls.  We were in the playroom and he jumped to a new toy, so I said, are you done with these blocks? we need to put them away before we play with something else - and then I shoved the bucket towards the pile of blocks - thinking I/we'd do it later, but HE DID IT.  on his own, put the blocks away.  Amen for progress!  He also makes me lie on the floor in the playroom, and then he says, ahhhhhhh.

So with all the swimming and sprinkling, and me being lazy, he's spent a lot of time out of a diaper. And he holds it.  No accidents at all.  And I know he has to go, but won't on the potty.  So when I put a diaper on him, he saturates it so fast.  We're quite far from potty training still.

I sort of love that our house is turning into a beachy/outdoorsy one.  Or maybe this is normal toddler house, but our back door has sandy sun hats and shoes and sunscreen by it.  We have towels on the kitchen chairs and run around in tank tops (me) and shirtless (him) all the time.  It's going to be a fun summer and we are so pumped for this long weekend. Rick has lots of time off and Elizabeth is coming, then it's Ricks birthday so we'll probably pilgrimage to Outback, unless I can talk him into Fondue.

1 comment:

  1. Give Rick a big hug for his birthday from me, and one to Bobby in advance of his big day!!

    ReplyDelete