Tuesday, March 24, 2009

28 weeks

of course, nothing to report. Had my glucose test to see how well my pregnant body handles glucose. I'm going to go out on a limb and say fairly well. The horrible flat orange soda has been replaced by some strong fruit punch Gatorade like mix, i had no problem downing it. I literally had nothing to say to him. Its been a super easy 4 weeks since my last visit. I gained 4 pounds. My BP is 111/60, The heart rate sounded good. He was kicking while I was in the waiting room. I asked for another ultrasound, doc said no need. :( I really want to see him. He said they don't worry until 34+ weeks if the kid is breech. He measured me, I was perfect of course. Told me to take a childbirth class and find a pediatrician. End of appointment. Test results online by the end of the week. I do go back in two weeks though. We must be in the tail end of this thing.

In other news, Rick has to do his training at Camp Pendelton in California beginning early May. This sucks a lot. We thought it could be Camp Lejune in NC, in which case I would have considered delivering in Greensboro so I could see him regularly and it would be easy for him to get to me in labor and his paternity leave. Now he has to fly etc. I had to look up where it even is. About half way between LA and San Diego. Maybe I could go stay with Judy M. He thinks it would be easy for me to be in Las Vegas, but that's a good 5 hour drive which he's not doing Friday night and cutting into a large chunk of Saturday. I'm pretty upset and he is too, but this means he's training for Iraq which is much safer than Afghanistan, so there's one plus. But I pretty much am sure I'll be all alone in labor and have to take a taxi to the hospital. And I thought shopping for a wedding dress by myself was lonely.

5 comments:

  1. I have a solution! I have a neeeed! You have a need!
    I just got a job offer and accepted the job at my company as a supervisor. This has completely screwed up my childcare situation. The new hours are about 9-3. Gloria can't take care of my two kids plus the ones she already has full time...it's a felony. I'm totally stuck.
    Come live with us, take care of my kids while I'm at work and we'll take care of you and bobby after that until Rick gets back. problem solved?
    as far as rick making it to the birth, he will. first labors don't usually go that quickly, at least 12 hours if you can figure out the signs (vomiting, diarrhea, contractions, water breaking, dilation...)
    you can't live at camp pendleton? don't want to?
    las vegas would work, don't airlines work with emergency type situations? especially for military folks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are you due? i can take off some time quite easily and be wherever you are then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. elizabeth drove herself to the hospital with W

    ReplyDelete
  4. you shouldn't be flying in your 8th month either. so LV/Calif isn't a good option. I'll just hang out in DC for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we'll make this ok - no matter where you are.

    ReplyDelete