Saturday, June 04, 2011

We go all out

Of course, those are finger swipes in the middle
It's Bobby's birthday today.  I'll say it because I have to: I can't believe it's been two years, Time goes so fast, blah blah blah.  I admire those who throw elaborate themed, coordinated parties for their young children - including first birthdays, but I am not one of them. I think I could be, goodness knows I cruise the internet enough and could copy those ideas just fine, but since there's only 2 people here (and he doesn't know what a birthday is!), we're taking it easy this year. We made a cake because that is what more fun for Bobby than me buying one and impressing our guests...The wheelbarrow was sitting on the floor unwrapped, but he loved that as is. We went to see the USS North Carolina battleship and had lunch out and now everyone else is napping. We'll eat cake and open the one matchbox car that i got him as well.  Sort of feeling like a bad mother, I don't even have any balloons, but I figure it will even out and if he gets some friends in preschool one year, I'll have a helluva party then.

1 comment:

  1. the next morning we were alone in the kitchen and Bobby saw his cake on the countertop and said "happy"

    ReplyDelete